The Mendip Society is a "can do" organisation, but without your help it can't do anything.
There’s lots to do right away but even if you can only support us in spirit, you are most welcome.
Here are just a few suggestions of how you can get involved and support The Mendip Society:
• Become a member
• Ask your friends to join
• Act as a planning watchdog for the Society
• Help organise events and talks
• Write articles for the Society's newsletter
• Sit on a committee
• Lead walks
• Dry stone walling
• Pick up any litter, cans or bottles you see lying around and recycle them
• Report fly tipping and abandoned cars to the district council
• Be a youth or conservation task leader
• Help to manage Slader's Leigh or Tania's Wood
• Consider leaving the Society a legacy
• Influence your councillors and MPs
If you have any special talents, do let us know. Are you (or were you) a planner, a solicitor, a botanist, a dry stone waller, a fundraiser, a keen public speaker, an accountant, a secretary, a programmer? If so, you can help and we’d love to hear from you!
For details on how to join, download our Membership application form or if you have any questions please contact us today.
Special Member Discounts
The following shops offer a 10% discount to Mendip Society members.
Please note: To get these special discounts, you will need to present your membership card in store.
The Gorge Outdoors
Outdoors & Active
29 Meadow Street
Summit Outdoor Leisure
1 Broad Street
Copyright 2017 The Mendip Society