We are now able to resume a programme of walks. Please note
- Walks will not be published in a printed programme as that requires them to be arranged several months in advance. Please refer to this webpage for details of walks.
- Owing to the limited number of Walks Leaders we may not be
able to run a walk every week. If you would like to lead a walk please contact
the Walks Coordinator (see Contacts page).
- To manage numbers, booking will be needed for most walks. Follow the appropriate link to SignUpGenius and follow the instructions there.
- Non members are welcome on walks but we ask for a donation of £2 each. Some walks aimed at attracting non members will be advertised in the local press.
- You are responsible for your own safety and for ensuring you choose a walk you can manage and are adequately equipped.
- Unless otherwise stated, dogs on leads are welcome. Be aware that we may encounter cows.
- Walks are graded as follows
- Easy. Up to 4 miles (1½ - 2hrs), less than 50m of continuous ascent, mainly low gradients or flat. Terrain mainly undemanding, eg reasonable paths used, little loose rock, stones or large areas of mud or water.
- Moderate. 4 – 6 miles (2- 3½ hrs), 50m-150m of continuous ascent, terrain undulating but either one significant hill or several smaller ones. Terrain may include small areas of rock, loose stones, mud, minor scrub.
- Harder. More than 6 miles of the type of walking in the Moderate class, or continuous steep ascents of more than 150m (400ft) or a number of smaller steep hills or more than one of these features. Terrain as Moderate class or worse.
COVID - if you are isolating but have booked on a walk please let the leader know you will not be attending.
For any queries please contact the Walk Coordinator (see Contact page).
Saturday 22nd January. Sandford Hill & Dolebury Camp
Meet at 1.30 pm in the car park of the Mendip Activity Centre, Lyncombe Drive, BS25 5PQ grid ref. ST 433593 between Sandford and Churchill, by kind permission of the management, who ask that we car share if possible.
5 miles with a few steep ascents. Moderate. Refreshments available in
the site cafe. Please
pre-book; maximum number of twenty. Members and non-members welcome.
Walk leader Richard
Copyright 2020 The Mendip Society